After you enroll in courses on ROSI/ACORN, the final step to complete your registration is to pay your fees.
Please refer to the Important Dates section to find out the deadline to pay your fees.
- View your fees invoice on ROSI/ACORN. The invoice will be posted starting mid-July.
- Pay your fees at a bank or through online/telephone banking OR if you’re receiving OSAP or Canadian/US government loans, defer your fees on ROSI/ACORN. Please refer to the Important Dates section for the deadline to pay your fees.
- Check your registration status on ROSI/ACORN.
Viewing your fees invoice
Your invoice, containing tuition fee amounts for 2017-18 Fall/Winter, will appear on ROSI/ACORN starting mid-July.
How and when to pay
Just like most bill payments, tuition fees are paid through a bank. You can pay them electronically (through online or telephone banking) or in person at a bank. For full payment instructions, see the Office of Student Accounts web site (www.fees.utoronto.ca). Please refer to the Important Dates section for the deadline to pay your fees.
Once you enrol in courses, you can pay your fees using Electronic payment (see below). You can obtain an up-to-date balance on ROSI/ACORN immediately after changing your course enrolments.
You can pay your fees using telephone or online banking if your bank offers this service. Call your financial institution’s telephone/online banking service and provide them with your account number and the name “University of Toronto.” Your account number is displayed on the invoice format of your account on the Student Web Service. The account number consists of up to the first five characters of your surname (in capital letters) and 10 numbers, which is your student number with leading zeroes. Make sure you distinguish between the letter “O” and the number “zero”.
Sample account numbers
- Anthony Cho’s student number is 123456789; his account number is CHO0123456789.
- Jane Seto-Paul’s student number is 987654321; hyphens and spaces are not used, so her account number is SETOP0987654321.
- Christine Elias’ student number is 934578; her account number is ELIAS000934578.
N.B Make a note of the confirmation number for your records in case there is any delay or problem with your payment.
Check your registration status
If you pay (or officially defer) your fees by the deadline, you will complete your registration automatically. If you do not pay or defer your fees by then, you will be removed from your courses at any time. To be safe, check to see if you are registered on ROSI/ACORN a few days after you paid your fees. Your registration status is displayed on the Home Page after you log in.
Please refer to the Important Dates section for the deadline to pay your fees.
If your registration status is:
- Registered – this means your registration is complete
- Invited – this means your registration is NOT complete and you may be removed from courses after the payment deadline.
- Financially Cancelled – this means your registration has been cancelled
If you are enrolling in courses after the payment deadline, you must make at least your minimum payment as soon as possible after enrolling. Once the minimum payment has been received you will be officially registered. When you print your invoice from ROSI/ACORN it will display your minimum payment amount.
Just taking courses starting in January?
If you enrol in 2018 Winter session courses only, you must enrol in courses early and pay at least the first installment of fees by the payment deadline in order to avoid being removed from your courses. If you enrol in 2018 Winter session courses only after the payment deadline, you must pay at least the first installment of fees as soon as possible or risk removal from the course(s).
Owe fees from a previous session?
Students with outstanding financial obligations to the University (including tuition and residence charges) must pay their fees in full before registering in the next academic session. Fees payments will be applied first to outstanding debt from previous sessions before being applied to the 2017-2018 Fall-Winter sessions.
Please ensure that your payment is sufficient to cover all arrears as well as the minimum first payment, or you won’t be registered.