What is “Blackboard”?
“Blackboard” is a tool used by many course instructors at U of T in order to post course outlines and assignments, communicate with students, and suggest additional resources and readings. Some instructors enable students to use communicate with one another via the “Discussion Forum” available on Blackboard. Blackboard can only be accessed by logging in to the University of Toronto “Portal”.
NOTE: You will need to activate your UTOR Email Address in order to access the Portal. Have your UTOR Id and Password handy before attempting to log in. If you do not have a UTOR Email Address yet, you will need to go to the Robarts Library (130 St. George Street) in order to get your Student I.D. Card (“T-Card”) as well as your UTOR Email Account.
How to log on to Blackboard
- Go to the University of Toronto homepage at www.utoronto.ca
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the small Portal Login box (“Portal Info & Support”)
- You are now at the Portal homepage. Click on “log in to the portal”, top left-hand corner.
- Type in your UTORid and password.
- This should bring you to your own personal “Welcome” page. Under “My courses” (right-hand column) you should see a few courses listed. These are the courses you are currently enrolled in.
- Click on one of the courses in order to enter the Blackboard Site which has been created specifically for that course.
- Each instructor uses Blackboard slightly differently. If you cannot locate something on Blackboard (ie, your course outline) ask your instructor where the item has been posted on Blackboard.