What is “Quercus”?
Quercus is a tool used by many course instructors at U of T in order to post course outlines and assignments, communicate with students, and suggest additional resources and readings. Some instructors enable students to use communicate with one another via the “Discussion Forum” available on Quercus. Quercus can only be accessed by logging in to the University of Toronto “Portal”.
NOTE: You will need to activate your UTOR Email Address in order to access the Portal. Have your UTOR Id and Password handy before attempting to log in. If you do not have a UTOR Email Address yet, you will need to go to the Koffler Student Service Centre at 214 College Street, first floor (behind Second Cup), in order to get your Student I.D. Card (“T-Card”) as well as your UTOR Email Account
How to log on to Quercus
- Go to the University of Toronto homepage at www.utoronto.ca.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the small Portal Login box (“Portal Info & Support”)
- You are now at the Portal homepage. Click on “log in to the portal”, top left-hand corner.
- Type in your UTORid and password.
- This should bring you to your own personal “Welcome” page. Under “My courses” (right-hand column) you should see a few courses listed. These are the courses you are currently enrolled in.
- Click on one of the courses in order to enter the Quercus Site which has been created specifically for that course.
- Each instructor uses Quercus slightly differently. If you cannot locate something on Quercus (ie, your course outline) ask your instructor where the item has been posted on Quercus.
- Choosing Your Courses
- Enrolling in Courses Using ACORN
- Paying Your Fees
- Obtaining a T-Card and UTOR Email Address
- Finding Your Classes